Saturday, January 8, 2011

Neighbors Before Coffee

Neighbors Before Coffee

Ugh, it is early, too early to get out of bed. Moreover, it is insanely early to have someone knocking at the door. My new neighbor, whom I have been ignoring ever since he first rapped on my door two days ago, is knocking again. New neighbors from the mainland are all the same at first. Each on is bright-eyed and eager to explore all that the island has to offer. Their pace is in high gear while mine; well let us just say that I know the island is not going any place. The newbie’s don’t get the fact of how small this island is and so they rush through every possible site within a few weeks time and then reality sets in…what do we do next?

I am going to roll over and hope the newbie’s leaves my door and perhaps I may answer if he returns at a decent hour after I have had my first cup of coffee and breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!