Friday, June 3, 2011

Opinion: Our Elected Officials


I have never been able to 100% stand behind any elected officials and even less wannabes.  This does not mean that I do not vote; I just do so with a grain of salt thrown over my shoulder.  To me, it is making a choice between the lesser of evils.  The media has droned on and on about President Obama’s birth certificate.  Before Obama, there was Bush…nothing more to say on that.  Who could forget the Clinton scandals?  Today, John Edwards is taking the place of what could possibly be some very good commercials on my TV.   The voting public somehow over looks the fact that the candidates they vote for are human and, as such, they are just as tempted by the seven deadly sins as the rest of us.  It never fails to amaze and outrage the public when one of our elected officials succumbs to lust, greed, gluttony, anger, pride, or sloth.  In addition, wait, it does not stop there, these officials go on TV and apologize, and it is considered “late breaking news” - really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!